Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Wood you rather...

hardwood or carpet? While I'm away taking in the sights across the pond, Mr. W will be hard at work installing our new hardwood floors...something I've been dreaming of doing since we moved in. Sometimes I forget how lucky I am to have a man who enjoys a good DIY project, and is good with power tools. Love him.

While I enjoy the warmth and cush of carpet, I really prefer the rich, classic look of hardwood floors. They are incredibly versitle, working with so many different styles and time periods. I tend to lean towards darker/rustic looks. Here are a few shots from my inpsiring pinterest board...


This might actually be the exact floor we decided on...might be a little darker but that texture is spot on. The depth between the boards just does it for me.


Love the knots in these boards. That rug ain't half bad either.


Dark and gorg.


This look completely steals my heart.



No comments: