Monday, June 20, 2011

Battle Royale

I started mentally packing for my Euro-trip the day after baseball season ended. My mind had been so consumed with their travel plans that I really didn't have time to get excited about my trip until I could put all of that in the books. Now it's pretty much all I can think about. My pinterest addiction is no help.

It's really unfortunate that I "need" to buy a new purse for this vaca. I've been told by many a world-wide traveler that it is important to have a cross body purse so you can keep all of your valuables as close as possible. I've narrowed my choices down to these two beauties from Urban Outfitters, which also happens to be one of my favorite decorating resources.

I love this little guy because it is simple enough to look nice with anything I might wear. I've spotted top handle bags everywhere lately and I'm loving their vintage feel.(Side-note: My packing list is still in progress, but I'm thinking there will be a lot of sundresses considering space limitations in my carry-on...did I mention we're not checking any bags for a 2+ week vaca? I pack 2 weeks worth of clothes for a weekend trip. It's gonna be interesting.)

I like that this one is a little less structured and an inch or two shorter. I'll be toting it around everywhere we go so it can't be too bulky. It's a bit slouchy too. I'm not sure why that seems like a perk, but it does. It's also less expensive ($39!) and would probably work with most outfits as well. The only downside I see here is it's color, could get a bit dirty.

Either way, I need to make a decision today since we're leaving in 15 DAYS! Holy Moses, that's fun to say/type outloud.

Any travel/packing advice would be much appreciated!

No comments: