Monday, November 9, 2009

Big Event Bridal Fair: Pullman, WA - SEL Event Center

Happy Monday, everyone! I hope you had a great, refreshing weekend; I sure did.

After deciding to persue this life-long dream of becoming a wedding planner, I asked some of my friends in "the biz" what the most important thing they thought I should do get Wheat Blossom going. Their number 1 answer: network, Network, NETWORK! And this weekend, I did just that...

Every spring and fall, Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories Event Center (that's a mouth full, we'll call it SEL for short) hosts "The Big Event Bridal Fair" where brides come to meet potential vendors for their special day. On Saturday, SEL was packed with flowers, caterers (with samples, YUM), cake bakers (more yummy samples), venues, photographers, videographers, invitation designers, etc... I was aboslutlely giddy walking around to each booth as I introduced myself as a new wedding planner in the area... my heart flutters just thinking about it.

I had two epiphanies during my little adventure:

1. This is absolutely, 100% what I am meant to do with my life
2. The Palouse is a FABULOUS place to get married! (this was more of a confirmation than an epiphany!)

Here is a link to the SEL event site where you can find a list of all participating vendors. I must say that I enjoyed my time at each of the booths I stopped by, but there were a couple in particular that knocked my socks off... and I will be featuring them throughout the week :) Stay tuned for details!

1 comment:

the tampiens said...

Lindsay! I had no idea you were going into wedding planning -- so cool!! Let me know if any of your clients need a wedding photographer. ;) Also, my sister, Lindsay, is the wedding and event coordinator at Beacon Hill in Spokane. Let me know if you want her contact information! I know she'd be more than happy to answer any questions you might have or at least be another contact for networking. My email is WhitJM10@yahoo.com, so email me if you're interested! :)

Whitney