Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Doors

Nope, not the band. Just another post about doors. One of the first things we knew needed to be updated when we moved into our house were the doors. I'll let the pics speak for themselves...this is also before we had painted anything. Yikes.



Flat, brown, blah.


A trip to Home Depot with housewarming gifts of those lovely orange giftcards in tow (thank you friends and fam!) was in store. As we headed to the depot on that fateful Saturday morning, we had one plan in mind: white six panel doors.  So close-minded my friends. Little did we know the options that lay ahead.

The classic 6 panel...
the throw-back 5 panel...


the funky 3-panel...
and, ladies and gentlemen, I give you, this sweet little 2-panel. I instantly fell in love with the beadboard, "cottagey" insets, and the Mr. was pretty smitten too.

Here's a peek of what they look like for realsies:


I love them. They bring so much light to our hallway and rooms. We decided to go with dark, antique brass hardware, even though our light fixtures are brushed nickel. We're crazy like that.


On another note, I need to work on my photography skills. Do not judge. Please and thank you!







No comments: