Monday, December 6, 2010

Framed!

One of the great things about living in a small town is being surrounded by even smaller towns... smaller towns with cute little antique stores. A couple weeks ago, I went on a mission for old, empty frames and I found these little beauties at one of my favorite spots in Uniontown, WA.



The one on the left cost me $10 and the other two were $5, score! 

I love the nail head details on this guy...


...the floral imprints on these corners...


...and the ornate carvings on this oval lovely.


Since we've been decking the halls for Christmas lately, I decided to spray paint two of the frames with Krylon's Cherry Red. Remember, if you're going to paint or re-stain wood frames, be sure to clean and/or sand them first. These were pretty nasty after sitting in someone's attic for who knows how long.


For the rectangular frame, I decided to turn to an Ashley Ann project I bookmarked a while ago and stapled chicken wire to the back of the frame. I love when materials you wouldn't otherwise deem attractive end up turning out just that. Chicken wire...who knew?! I'm planning on using it to display Christmas cards from friends and family once they start rolling in...hint, hint. For now it holds some pics from past Christmas'.


SIDE NOTE/BRIDE TIP: This would also make a great display for your place cards, pictures from your parents/grandparents weddings, or well wishes from your guests!

We haven't had a chance to build a mantel around our fireplace yet, so the frame added a lot more interest to this normally very blank wall. 


I had planned on sticking chicken wire in the oval frame as well...but we ran out of staples and I got a little impatient. I made this sign at a pottery painting store a couple months ago and decided this would be a good spot for it.


I love our little banquet nook, and this frame adds a nice little pop of color!


This was a really easy/inexpensive project! Stay tuned to find out where I put the last frame :)








No comments: