Thursday, October 7, 2010

I owe you an explanation...

Hi all! I hope you haven't abandoned me due to my pathetic posting as of late. Please stick around for my lengthy explanation....

For the last 4 years, my full time job (yes, wedding planning was my happy side gig) has been Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., and consisted of days that looked something like this:

1. Arrive at stereotypical office setting around 8:15 a.m.
2. Unlock office doors to those who have jobs superior to mine.
3. Water the plants/feed the fish of those who have jobs superior to mine.
4. Make coffee
5. Check the calendars of the aforementioned, make necessary plans
6. Copy something
7. File something
8. Draft an e-mail about something I care/know nothing about
9. Repeat steps 6 and 7 (sometimes 4) until 4:55 p.m.
10. Lock the doors and get the frack out of there!
11. Return home and drive my husband crazy with complaints about how boring and sad my days are

Now, I understand that this is where many, if not all, of us start off. And don't get me wrong, I was incredibly grateful for the paycheck. However, I craved something more. I NEEDED something more. And, up until recently, I got that something from this little blog. So what's the change?

Well friends, I got a new job! Is it wedding planning? No, it is not. But it does involve my alma mater (Go Cougs!), sports (I love me some competition), travel (yes, please!) and event planning (perfection), so I'm pretty darn happy. And did I mention I don't HAVE to work 8 - 5? Praise Jesus! But I do have a very busy schedule now, including work on many weekends...especially in the Spring...not exactly condusive to wedding planning.

So, moral of the story, I'm currently not taking on any more weddings. I am bummed. But I just don't have the time. However, I do plan on keeping this little blog going with DIY's, tips, pictures, etc. so I hope that you'll keep visiting :)

No comments: